Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Welcome!

I'm going to Ecuador! OMG! Let the countdown begin: 7 weeks and 1 day!

There are a lot of things to do between now and then but I have a feeling the days are going to fly by. The last couple weeks I've felt extremely anxious about the various things I need to buy and what I'm going to pack and how difficult it's going to be to pick up Spanish again... and then I made a list. A glorious four page checklist of nearly everything I'd like to pack and things I need to take care of before I ship out. It felt wonderful and eliminated about 3% of my anxiety. Just kidding. 5%.

In the meantime, between random bouts of work, I've been trying to educate myself about Ecuador and the Peace Corps. The public library has been an amazing resource and I'm powering through as many titles as I can now, because I don't think the inter-library loan program has been expanded to South America yet. Ha.

If you, dear reader, desire more information about Ecuador or the Peace Corps, here are some links that you may find helpful:

Ecuador:
CIA World Factbook
U.S. State Department
Lonely Planet
Wikipedia

Peace Corps:
Official Site
PC Community Health
Peace Corps Wiki Ecuador
Peace Corps Journals (collection of PCV blogs)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment